BOARD MEETING INFORMATION AND RULES
(All Board of Commissionersí meeting notices are publicized in accordance with public meeting laws)
1. Board Briefing: Held every Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. in the Nehalem Room located in the basement of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Agenda items are generally administrative and for DISCUSSION only. Board Briefings will be scheduled when all three Commissioners can attend. A Board Briefing may proceed with a quorum. No public comment permitted unless directed by the Chair. The Board of Commissioners reserves the right to recess to Executive Session as may be required at any time during this meeting, pursuant to ORS 192.660(1).
2. Workshop: Held every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. in Meeting Room B on the second floor of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Agenda items are generally for DISCUSSION only (certain items may be scheduled for consideration also).
3. Board Meeting: Held every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. in Meeting Room A on the second floor of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Meeting will commence with a Pledge of Allegiance. Agenda items are for DISCUSSION or CONSIDERATION.
4. Matters for discussion and consideration by the Board of Commissioners shall be placed on an agenda prepared by the Board Assistant and approved by the Board Chair. Any Commissioner may request items on the agenda.
5. The Board of Commissioners will allow public comment at regular and workshop meetings during a public comment period. The Chair may, at his/her sole discretion, limit the amount of time for individuals to speak. The Chair will utilize a gavel as needed to maintain order, commence meetings, adjourn meetings, and signal approval of motions.
6. Public Hearings: Formal proceedings publicized in advance through special public notice issued to media and others. Public hearings held by the Board of Commissioners are to provide the Board an opportunity to hear from members of the public about a specific topic and are normally held in Meeting Room A on the second floor of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Public hearings are therefore different regarding audience participation at regular and workshop meetings.
7. Individuals who wish to testify during Board meetings and hearings shall do so at the table placed in front of the dais. Individuals testifying will, for the record, first identify themselves.
8. During Board of Commissionersí meetings and hearings, Commissioners will be addressed by their title followed by their last name.
9. Commissioners shall obtain approval from the Chair before speaking or asking questions of staff, presenters and public. As a courtesy, the Chair shall allow an opportunity, by the Commissioner who has the floor, to ask immediate follow-up questions.
10. A majority of the Board of Commissioners shall constitute a quorum and be necessary for the transaction of business.
This page last updated on 03/25/2020 03:31:06 PM