You are here:
DA Home Page
Child Support
Court Process
Forms / Formas
Protecting Children
Sex Crimes Info
Victims Assistance
Victims Rights
Victims Compensation


   You may qualify for financial help if you have been physically or mentally hurt as a victim of crime or if you were the dependent of a deceased victim of crime.  Property loss is not covered. 

   To file an application for compensation, contact:

    Crime Victims' Compensation Program
    Department of Justice
    1162 Court St. NE
    Salem, Oregon 97310
    Phone: (503)378-5348   TDD: (503)378-5938  

Oregon Crime Victims Compensation Program web site

 You may qualify for the Oregon Crime Victims' Compensation program if:

  1.  You have incurred expenses (medical, counseling, time loss, funeral) as a result of a crime.
  2. You reported the crime to the police or sheriff within 72 hours. (This may be waived.)
  3. You cooperated in efforts to apprehend and prosecute the assailant.
  4. You were not involved in a wrongful act and/or did not provoke the assailant.
  5. You filed your application with the Department of Justice within six months from the date of the criminal injury.

This page last update on 02/15/2019

Copyright © 2000 - Tillamook County, All Rights Reserved
E-mail comments or suggestions to Webmaster
Disclaimer and Privacy Statement